Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A knock to the ol' confidence...

I'm scared. The term is over in about 3 weeks (maybe two, maybe next week I honestly have no idea and no particular desire to find out), and I'm worried about my project. See they (they being the unknown judges and assessors who will be scrutinizing my efforts) aren't looking for one ultimate finished piece, rather a body of work that shows the development of your idea and how you explored its possibilities.
But last Friday I got a letter saying that from what they had seen in my progress review my work to date isn't of a pass standard, and this deeply upsets me!! I'm thinking if I'm not fit for art then what is to become of me!?? And so I'm confining myself to the studio from 9 till at least 6 from here till the end of term and running at the project all guns blazing (glue guns that is, ha-HA).
This is turning out to be more difficult then I though on a practical level, I am still hobbled from last Thursdays upgrade at Barringtons so I can't walk home at the end of the day, meaning I have to get a lift off my dad, which I can see causing headaches down the line. Staying in school so late also requires me to put fuel in my belly tank so I am eating dinner at school, and cold weather has sent me straight into the arms of  the carby comfort of pasta bake and chips! Also it has seriously shrunk my down time, as in for blogging and checking my facebook horoscope (CRUCIAL).
Still these are all minor sacrifices at the altar of  success! I must not, nay cannot fail!

No comments:

Post a Comment