Friday, November 26, 2010

Better, faster, stronger.

I'm back! The zest has returned! All is right with the world again!
It all started with the amazing mastermix of harder better faster stonger from daft punks 2007 Alive show, a masterpiece on its own this one combines elements from around the world, aerodynamic and television rules the nation with this pulse altering beat, my GOD it is pure sonic joy! Anyhow, I listened to it on repeat on my way to school on thurday and that just set me up for a day of victory!
I went to a print making workshop that morning and not only did I learn about monoprinting, I also finally discoved what exactly ska music is!
After lunch (which was a wholesome vegitarian bolognaise - goodtimes) I had my fist sign language lesson. Now this is a lifelong ambition fufilled right here, I've always wanted to learn sign language and I was not dissapointed by all its ingenius little nuances! Apparently once you get to know someone, you might give them their own unique gesture for their name, based on their appearance or their behavior. One of our tutors, Patricia Green has spiky red hair so her sign looks like pulling  points out from your head. This is so cool, I can't stop saying in my head how cool it is! Also we learnt how to order drinks, I know vodka and black, gin and tonic, and guiness (I have no idea what vodka and black is but I'll order it the first chance I get!).
The goodtimes rolled on upstairs when I cracked out my "best songs of 2001" compilation album and Kanye Wests "Late Registration. In our studio we have a c.d player cutousy of Kevin O Shae and I find it funny how old fashioned discs feel already! Anyhow many the good choon was banged out, Uncle Crackers follow me, Heaven is a halfpipe by OPM and of course teenage dirtbag by Wheatus.
The sunset shon in the window on my finnished chest piece and all was right with the world!

P.s one more cool thing? I have a friend called Steven who rides around the halls on a fold out scooter, does your school have that???

No comments:

Post a Comment