Sunday, November 28, 2010

Ahhhhh!

As in a refreshed by a fizzy drink ahhh! Today I had a bracing walk into town to pick up some supplies for tomorrow. I'm still limping but no longer in defective human being way, more in a determined trooper way! So I was doggedly trekking into town on a day so cold the frost hadnt melted off peoples cars even at 4 in the afternoon, but it was so bright and clear I could barely see when I walked facing the sun. And of course I had my trusty mp3 player wth me, I bought new headphones in the 2euro shop last week and they have incredibly strong base considering how cheap they are! And so I passed a suprisingly pleasant afternoon ambling about listening to music in the freezing cold
The best part was as I came up to arthlunkard bridge on my way home and Favourite Food by Tokyo Police Club came on, I'm not very familiar with it yet and there is a magnificently uplifting sped up bit at the end, the kind that makes you change your pace, and I was at the top of the bridge and the sky was blue fading to gold and the air was nitrogen cold and in my bags I was carrying:
3 cans of neon spray paint -pink, yellow, orange
1 bottle of black ready mix paint
1 70ml bottle of tesco vodka
And I just felt so good, and so grateful. I don't know if I've earned this or am I just lucky but this evening it was so good to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment