Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Last saturday....


Taking pictures in the bathroom - not cool?
No no it's for my blog!!

So I went to a ball last Saturday! My friend Jess invited me to this fundraiser thing organized by graduates from LeSAD, would I ever turn down such an occasion? So off we went to socialize and hob nob with the upper echelons of the limerick art scene (I'm not really sure how many echelons there are, I'm gonna say 3 or 4?) "The fourth years are like, the babies! Uh we're in first year? Ouhhhh my god yere like the zygotes!"
So I was naturally starry eyed from the get go. Jess warned me from the outset to be cool and not tell a particular story - naan bread Luke, if you remember me, I'm terribly ashamed of myself! The whole affair was held in the Shannon rowing clubs clubhouse, I'd never been there before, it's a gorgeous venue, if I knew my interior design I'd be able to elaborate so I'll just fob you off with old world style!
At one point we found ourselves perched over (and later draped over) a balcony protruding out over the river Shannon. It was an icy cold night and I repeatedly and loudly made the point that "this is JUST like that bit in the TITANIC!!"
Back inside there was a band and a d.j playing some (uhm.. contemporary? as in mixed with synths?) Jazz. I got my jive on like a girl who has been jiving for years but who has never in a relevant setting! .. Wait.. I was a girl who....
Another distinctively arty element was the garb, purple chord suits, ostrich feather waist length capes, velvet, a huge abundance of velvet! In my experience its so rare that people go all out and I lapped it up.
So the people were arty and knew how to party and goodtimes were had by all at the ball!
What happened after the ball however is a whole other tale in itself, I will give you three clues, a kimono, a concussion and the phrase "I buried Shep this day last year...."

No comments:

Post a Comment