Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas at LeSAD!

So I was wondering what art college Christmas would be like and as I am presently on holidays I can tell you! First sign of the festive season was the enormous tree they set up in the reception, I have to say I'm surprised by the conservative choice of a red and gold bauble set up, not that it made the tree any less festive and glowy! Next, after several light powderings of snow, 3 snowmen materialized around the front of the college, how they managed to scrape three together out of 2 inches of snow is a Christmas miracle!
Next was the Christmas lunch, on the 6th of December, why so early? No clue but there is nothing wrong with spreading out the events, Christmas is an entire season after all. Jodie and I opted for the vegetarian choice of Mediterranean vegetables in a filo pastry case, Jod is a cilliac and can't have wheat and it took all the self controll in my body not to ask her for her empty pastry case when she was done. I also hit myself in the face with the cracker prize when I dueled with Kevin but I walked away with the pink paper crown and an 8cm ruler! There was a band playing but unfortunately for us all we got was 30 minutes of sound checks, they only started playing after we finished but we could hear the music all over the school after so cool times still had by all!

Godbless the staff in their Christmas hats, true heros.
Then last Thursday night to top it all off - Spacemas! I like Christmas, I like space and I LOVE costumery so I spent the night gettin' wild in my power ranger leggings, my space boots, my diamante helmet and my sling/modified ray gun! In terms of adherence to the theme the student unions concept of space seemed to revolve around packaging the venue (Dolans) and the revelers securely in a wholesale amount of tinfoil! Cool music, cool people, and my friend Glen reinventing the act of dancing, I'm quite sad everyones gone home to their father and motherlands for 3 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment